The Safe Sport Zone After School Safety Program
The mission of Safe Sport Zone is to provide a safer environment for after-school events. Over 95 percent of the public attends an event for the purpose of enjoying or participating in that event. Unfortunately, the other 5% have a different agenda that is disruptive and counterproductive. This counterproductive and disruptive element is less likely to participate if they have to disclose their identity; it is not worth it for the troublemakers. To provide an extra level of security at our gates, a fan is required to show a Photo ID to gain entry into an event. Safe Sport Zone, along with the support of the national organizations, the NIAAA, the NFHS, and ESPN RISE are asking schools to identify all participants who enter high school events.
"The system prevents unwanted individuals from attending the event. Most importantly, it can help curb disruptive behavior at no cost to the school..."
- Bruce Whitehead, Executive Director of the NIAAA